The Lead Instructor, HWD oversees the jet operations and inquiries and will split time between flight instruction, commercial flight operations, jet team operations and jet team leadership working as the facilitator between clients and instructor pilots in the Bay Area.
- Provides mentoring, flight, ground and simulator instruction to Aero City Jets (ACJ) clientele
- Provides pilot services for clientele
- Repositions aircraft as required
- Ensures compliance with all FAA, TSA and other regulatory organizations as appropriate
- Adheres to and assists development of ACJ SOPs and training materials
- Maintains appropriate record keeping of ACJ clientele
- Oversees the facilities and equipment of ACJ HWD and other Bay Area locations as assigned
- Manages training resources in ACJ HWD and other Bay Area locations (instructors, simulators, aircraft and materials) to maximize training effectiveness and profitability
- Ensures existing and prospective client inquiries are responded to in a prompt and accurate manner to realize inquiry to sale conversions
- Engages with existing clients to ensure the highest level of customer service
TRAINING AND FLIGHT DUTIES
- Responsible for fostering a culture of safety through education and exemplary behavior.
- Provides ground, simulator, flight instruction and mentoring bespoke to clientele in accordance with ACJ syllabi, SOPs, the FAA Aviation Instructor’s Handbook and other training resources.
- Provides pilot services for ACJ clientele with emphasis on safety, organization and customer service.
- Ferries and repositions aircraft as required.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
RESOURCE AND FACILITY MANAGEMENT
- Meets with current and prospective jet clients and contract instructors to provide advice or consultation.
- Coordinates scheduling activities for equipment, clients, instructors, mentors and DPEs.
- Maintains DPE relationships and develops new relationships where appropriate or advantageous.
- Monitors and records client progress through training record reviews, instructor meetings and client engagement.
JET TEAM MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITIES
In conjunction with the Jet Training Manager, the Lead Instructor:
- Assists in the management, distribution, development and evolution of training courses and training materials to provide the optimal client experience and proficiency development.
- Ensures syllabi, lesson plans and training materials are current, stored electronically, and stocked at the HWD facility, and other Bay Area facilities as assigned.
- Acts as liaison and maintains cooperative relationships with airport officials, FAA personnel, TSA and other regulatory organizations as required for HWD and assigned operations.
- Ensures simulators are maintained and improved for optimal performance.
- Oversees the acquisition and electronic storage of client information, documentation, training records, course certificates, final test reports and other records in company systems.
- Ensures scheduling accuracy and optimization of resource allocations.
- Ensures flights are dispatched and flight data is checked in accurately and on time.
- Assists in ensuring the airworthiness, currency of systems, and condition of aircraft.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- FAA CFI, CFII and MEI Certificate, C510S Type Rating
- FAA First or Second Class Medical Certificate
- Prior instructional experience and G1000 instructional experience
- Self-motivated, resilient, persistent, and highly detail oriented
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and manage processes
- Strong technical and phone skills
- Demonstrable ability to forge effective relationships internally and externally
- Ability to operate in a fast-paced, high growth, lean start-up environment
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work in customer-facing capacity and strong interpersonal skills to build relationships
- A down-to-earth team player who can balance attention to detail with swift execution
- Passion for aviation and our mission.
Flight Schedule Pro
Client relationship management tools
PowerPoint (or equivalent)
Excel (or equivalent)
Word (or equivalent)
Department: Jet Team
Job Title: Lead Instructor, HWD
Direct Report: Vice President of Operations, Aero City Group Inc.
FLSA Classification: Exempt
Employment Type: Full-time
Seniority Level: Instructional Management
Approx. $150,000+ Medical, Vision, Dental, IRA matching.