Aero City Jets is a premier aviation company specializing in supporting the single-pilot jet pilot jet community through training, mentoring, aircraft management and leaseback. We are seeking a highly skilled and experienced Citation CJ3(CJ3+) Pilot to join our team. With a commitment to safety, professionalism, and service, our company has built a reputation as a leader in our industry and are seeking a full-time pilot to serve our clients in the San Francisco Bay Area.
In this position your primary responsibility will be piloting and providing mentoring in our Cessna Citation CJ3+. The balance of your duties will be to provide pilot services & training across our C510 fleet which will include ground, flight and simulator instruction.
- Provide pilot services as scheduled to include all relevant preflight planning and preparation as required of the Pilot in Command.
- Conduct ground instruction, simulator instruction, flight instruction and mentoring for ACJ clients.
- Document activity on appropriate software platforms. Manage relevant flight records and documentation while maintaining accurate and up-to-date records for regulatory compliance.
- Promote and further a culture of safety throughout all activities
- Operate Strategically by monitoring weather patterns, events, and other external issues that could impact flight operations or cause scheduling delays or cancellations.
- Ensure clients are appropriately qualified and documented for their operations.
- Work closely with Instructor Pilots and Customer Service team members to ensure optimal resource utilization and client satisfaction. Collaborate with the flight crew, ground staff, and other departments to ensure seamless operations and maintain a positive working environment.
- Adhere to customer service standards. Communicate effectively with clients and passengers, providing outstanding customer service while addressing their needs and ensuring comfortable journeys and training environments.
- Presents and acts in a professional and courteous manner.
- Assists in determining pilot training needs and prepares and presents bespoke training programs.
- Communicates with Chief Instructor and Customer Service team members re: client load, client progression and works to enhance customer satisfaction.
- Prepares client schedules appropriate to their needs and assists to maximize client progression and convenience.
- Maintain flight schedule management system accuracy and efficiency in operations. Reports any scheduling or operational challenges to the Operational Director in a timely manner.
- Monitors systems to ensure that students are scheduled and documented appropriately.
- Ensures all necessary course materials/books are accessible to students.
- Assists in managing database and chart updates for fleet aircraft.
- Assists ensuring that all safety and security procedures are followed.
- Maintains a clean/appealing appearance of equipment and facilities.
- Stay updated on the latest aviation regulations, technologies, and industry best practices to continually improve your skills and knowledge as a pilot.
- Comply with all FAA and company directives, rules, policies and regulations, including attendance at all standardization, safety and flight instructor meetings.
- Contributes to flight instructor meetings by preparing notes on client progression and needs; taking notes and following up on action items when required.
- Ensures accurate record keeping by:
- Scanning and uploading receipts and other documents into appropriate company systems.
- Identifying any correspondence or other document that requires attention and alerting the appropriate person in a timely manner.
- Maintaining up to date client training records and documents on appropriate company record keeping systems.
- Preparing and maintaining records required for inspections and/or audits by various regulatory and governmental organizations.
- Assist with efforts to maintain relationships with current clients, collaborate with piston, maintenance and sales segments of Aero City Group, identify new client prospects and help drive strategic goals of the business.
- Assists in marketing efforts to promote our various aviation programs as requested.
- Valid ATP, CFI, CFII, MEI, CE525 Type Rating
- Minimum total flight time of 5,000 hours, 2,000 hours turbine time, 1,000 hours jet time, 500 hours CE525, 1,250 hours dual given.
- Current First or Second Class Medical Certificate.
- Knowledge of aircraft dispatch and basic maintenance procedures
- Excellent problem-solving and decision-making skills, with the ability to handle unforeseen situations calmly and effectively.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, capable of interacting with students, passengers and team members in a professional and courteous manner.
- Ability to work flexible hours, including weekends and holidays, as required by flight schedules.
- Resides in or willing to relocate to the San Francisco Bay Area and possess legal authorization to work in the United States.
- No history of accidents or incidents that resulted in FAA violations or license suspensions.
- Customer-focused approach with a dedication to delivering exceptional service and exceeding client expectations.
- Previous experience in Part 135/Part142 operations or corporate aviation.
- CE510 Type Rating
- Experience flying within San Francisco, Los Angeles and New York airspace.
- Additional type ratings.
- Bachelor’s degree or military veteran
- Extensive G1000/G3000 experience
This position reports to the Vice President of Operations for Aero City Group Inc. and has no supervisory role.
Aviation, Education, Flight Training, Consumer Services
San Francisco Bay Area
Administrative, Compliance, Training and Development
$180,000-$200,000 based on experience
Heath / vision / dental insurance
Employee discount on merchandise and equipment rental
Flexible schedule opportunities