Seeking experienced mechanics to join our team of technicians.
Aero City Maintenance is a Diamond and Icon Aircraft Certified Service Center, also specializing in Piper, Cirrus, Beechcraft and Citation Jets, located at Long Beach Airport (KLGB) in Long Beach, CA. We provide scheduled and unscheduled maintenance solutions and upgrades to piston and jet GA aircraft.
Salary: Negotiable based on experience
Contract Duration: Full-Time Employment
Schedule: Monday-Friday 0700-1530
Work Location: 2901 E Spring St. Long Beach, CA 90806
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Airframe and Powerplant License required
- Familiarity with Aircraft Manufacturer’s AMMs, CMMs, and IPCs
- Piston/reciprocating engine and general aviation (GA) experience required
- Diesel aircraft engine experience preferred
- Diamond DA40/DA42/DA62, Cirrus SR22/SR22T aircraft experience preferred
Duties include but not limited to:
- Comply with company maintenance procedures and policies including in house work quality and safety inspections of work performed
- Comply with the FAA regulations as applicable.
- Ensure aircraft discrepancies are properly recorded in accordance with approved maintenance procedures.
- Know and understand the functions and requirements of computerized maintenance software such as EBIS, CAMP, Cescom, SierraTrax.
- Maintain a clean and organized workplace including shop and personal equipment
- Required to provide your own hand tools. (tool inventory list will need to be maintained for safety purposes)
- Perform scheduled aircraft maintenance on all airframe, engine, flight control, and appliance systems.
- Ability to identify, troubleshoot, and correct deficiencies of airframe, engine, flight control, and appliance systems (i.e. electrical, hydraulic, pneumatic and engine FADEC systems)
- Perform required inspection checklists to ensure airframe and powerplant serviceability.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Must be able to prioritize tasks.
- Proactive and a self-starter on assigned tasks.
- Strong computer skills.
- Able to climb ladders and stairs, work in small restricted areas and lift up to 40 lbs.
- 2-3+ years experience with jet and/or reciprocating aircraft preferred, but not required.
- Receive and present on-the-job training with the team.
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Team player
- A&P (required)
- Work authorization (required)
- General aviation maintenance: 1 years (required), 3 years (preferred)
- Jet aircraft: 1 year (preferred)
- Reciprocating aircraft: 1 year+ (preferred)
- Turboprop aircraft: 1 year (preferred)
- IA certification (competitive)
- 401(k) matching
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Paid time off
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible